Thursday, July 22, 2010

The latest do



I will never get over how patient Gaelle is with her hair. Now mind you, she is a 4 year old girl and she does get fidgety, but still... she will sit for 2 hours while I do hair. Today I tried a veil style for the first time. It's easy and not very complicated but it looks kind of cool.

I've been keeping her hair fairly simple and just continually learning about her hair and how to keep it healthy and help it grow. Gaelle would love love love to have long hair. There are styles we can try to give the effect of long hair, which I will do some day, but not yet.

I've been practicing my cornrows on doll hair but I'm afraid it will take me too long so I'll keep practicing. Quite honestly, the longest part of all of this is just getting the parts and sections in. I seem to be visually challenged and my parts are usually crooked and a bit off. But I'm getting better.

Now on to some Gaelle goodness.

Today as I was rinsing out her hair I splashed her unintentionally and said, "Oh stink." Gaelle said, "Stink. Garbage stinks. Did you take the garbage out?" She didn't quite get the meaning behind my figure of speech.

The other day Robin was talking to me. Robin said, "We need to teach Peter how to say 'eh' like a Canadian." Gaelle, never one to be left out of a conversation said, "I know 'a'." And she started singing the alphabet song.

Tonight she was going to put on her ballet clothes and show me and Josh how she could dance. We were the only 3 people in the house. She handed me 2 little bells she was playing with and said, "Don't let anybody have these!" As she raced upstairs to get changed Josh, of course, had to ask for the bells. I mean, how tempting are they?

I really need to carry around paper so I can write some of the funny things down. She is constantly cracking us all up.

1 comment:

Rebekah Hubley said...

Her hair looks AWESOME!!!! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!