Saturday, March 3, 2012

Birthday review

We have to take the obligatory 5 kids together around the birthday child. It is such a privilege to have them all so close. This hasn't always been the case and I know it will not always be the case. I'm totally loving it for now.
Kaylin didn't have a request for her birthday meal so I decided to try something new. I just searched for a fish recipe and came up with Grilled Tilipia with Mango Salsa. It was great and a big hit with everybody, except Josh who is not a fan of fish but will eat it.
For her cake, she only requested cheesecake. So I could have gone with a tried and true one as I do have a couple that I make and just love. But again, I decided to go with something different. So again, I searched and found all kinds of elaborate peanut butter chocolate versions (Pinterest is loaded with them). But I decided to go with a basic Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake and it was perfect. You could easily dress it up with toppings.
We've got to end with Peter and Gaëlle hamming it up. They do know how to perform.
Lately Gaëlle has taken an interest in grooming Snickers. Now, she needs it, but I don't know that she necessarily likes it. But she does pretty well just standing there and taking it.

No comments: