Monday, July 21, 2008

We're out!!!!



We just received the news that our file is out of IBESR.  We have received permission to adopt Peterson & Gaëlle, even with our 3 biological children.  Whew.  I am just so happy.  I can't believe the emotion.  Each step seems monumental.  As though I've labored so hard for the past 7 months.  The only thing I've been able to do is pray, and wait.  No physical work, but it sure has seemed hard.

Unfortunately, there is bad news.  According to our orphanage, "Parquet will be closed from the end of July through October. We do not know why or exactly the dates but I will be in touch later this week to let our families know exactly what is going on. I believe that Parquet will work to get out the dossiers that are in there right now, but they have not promised us anything."

But there's a part of me that doesn't believe it.  Oh sure, they say they'll be closed, but something else will happen and they'll start processing files before October.  That's the Pollyana in me.

1 comment:

Marta said...

I just found your blog via Livesay. Congrats for getting out of IBESR, I certainly know that feeling. Hopefully the Parquet thing will clear up, keep moving!
Your blog is great, I'm loving reading it!