Friday, July 4, 2008

Burdened with stuff!!!


This move has highlighted something so clearly for Robin and myself.  We are loaded with stuff.  And we really feel the weight of it this time around.  It just feels like a huge burden.  

Every time we move we purge, purge, purge.  I know that we do and yet there is still so much junk that gets packed.  Because we are fortunate enough to have professionals pack and move us,  we don't bother trying to get rid of the stuff until we unpack.  Then we go through and throw out or give away.  Sometimes we try to sell.

That's where I am right now.  Going through our junk and setting it aside or throwing it out.  And it's such a weight on me, but it doesn't stop me from accumulating more stuff.

We're in a new house, so we went out Saturday and bought towel bar holders, tp holders, mirrors, etc.  And what about perfectly coordinated bathrooms.  Need new mats and shower curtains.  Which brings me to curtains and blinds and... It just never ends.

It's too much.  I'm trying hard to weigh my needs agains my wants and to stop with all of this stuff.  This time around it just isn't fun.   

No comments: