Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wednesday at 1 pm


Well, it's finally here. We received confirmation that the kids will be flying into Ottawa tomorrow at 1 pm. When the earthquake hit Haiti 2 weeks ago, it was hard to see past the destruction and horror to this possibility. It has been a crazy 2 weeks and I know what I have gone through is nothing compared to what the people in Haiti have experienced and will continue to live through for many years to come.

I have learned a lot about myself and Robin during this entire adoption process; not all of it good. I'm afraid that Kaylin has also gained some insight into her parents during the past 2 weeks; again, not all of it good. And the reality for our family is that in so many ways, the journey really begins tomorrow.

Robin and I are feeling... well, I don't even know how to describe it. So I won't try. A lot has happened in just the past 2 days since we've been in Ottawa. But on the lighter side of things, we received final travel confirmation about the kids while we were in the parliament building taking a tour. That's so fitting for Robin, Mr. Canada himself.



And the adoption has taken so long so Josh will be more like an uncle to the kids rather than a brother. But maybe he'll be able to share his love for the Sens with his little brother and sister. We did our part, Josh. We picked up a hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin/Beth:
So glad you are home with your precious bundles!! Can't wait to see pictures of their home coming. I'm looking forward to being able to give them a hug. God is good!! I truly believe His Hand of Protection has been on the kids during this terrible time in Haiti.
Love....Lorie