Sunday, June 1, 2008

6 degrees of separation


I went to a wedding last night and had an interesting experience.  I was sitting in the church surrounded by friends, waiting for the ceremony to begin, when a lady walked in with a Sarah Jessica Parker "Sex in the City" premiere type hat on.  I didn't say anything, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed.  Then right when the ceremony was ready to start, the mother of the bride walked in with the same type of hat, but different colors.  

Wow.  It was stunning.  Definitely not common in our neck of the world, but both women carried themselves with confidence and style.

Later on I was introduced to the first lady and it turns out she's a well known British milliner and a cousin to the mother of the bride.  Her son was obviously proud of his mom and he filled us in on her accomplishments.  She is invited each year to Royal Ascot as a guest of the royals.  Because hats are mandatory for women at Royal Ascot, this is a busy time of year for her.  

Anyway, you never know what interesting people you'll run into at a wedding. 

No comments: