Monday, June 25, 2007

Homeschooling an only


So hard to believe that after 10 years of homeschooling, I'll only have one at home this fall. Josh has graduated from our homeschool and is headed to university. Sigh!!! Emily will be in grade 11 at the local public school. Sigh!!! Kaylin and I will be home doing grade 8. Yahoo!!!

I'm looking forward to the time Kaylin and I will have together. I won't have any excuses about not getting subjects done. It will just be the two of us. We should be able to focus on anything we choose. We can be silly or serious, lazy or studious. I'm sure we'll be a bit of all. It really is up to us.

We pretty much know what our year will look like. I just have to decide how to do American History. It shouldn't be difficult for an American to teach her child that, but I've lived in Canada for almost 20 years now and this is the first time a child of mine has requested American History. We won't be able to utilize the library the way I would like, so I'm looking for a decent spine that will keep us on track. Still looking, but I enjoy the process.


But I also enjoy time with Kaylin. Even though we'll miss Josh and be a bit lonely, and the house will be soooo quiet, I know we'll have a good year.

No comments: