Saturday, April 5, 2014

Junk food to soothe our souls


Well I don't have any pictures of Peter this week, so instead I'll post a picture of what Peter did. We made whoopee pies last week and used Fluff for the icing. So, of course I bought the larger jar and we have lots of fluff left over. What to do? Make fluffed nutter sandwiches. Sunday morning I came down into the kitchen to see Peter's attempt at spreading the fluff on top of the peanut butter. Clumps of fluff and not much else. 

Just so you know, I'm not entirely a bad mom when it comes to nutrition. The declaration has been made, that fluff only comes out on the weekends. Both kids have tested this during the past week, but I remain firm. I don't need the kids bragging about the marshmallows they have for breakfast. 


On Monday Gaëlle had an appointment with the endocrinologist and had blood work done. Blood was taken, then hormones were injected to stimulate the pituitary gland and after 40 minutes, another sample was taken. She was very nervous and anxious about this appointment. She was hyper focused on the nurse and IV as this procedure was taking place. Lots of questions. There was a second nurse in the room helping to keep the arm straight and stationary and she tried her best to distract Gaëlle, but she was focused and would not engage with this nurse. Our experience has been great so far and I'm so thankful for a wonderful children's hospital in our city.

As you can see, we brought the tablet so she could watch a movie and she had a bag of sun chips, so it wasn't all bad. Looks quite comfortable to me. 

We've already received the results and we have decided to pursue treatment for precocious puberty. I first heard about this from another adoptive mom's blog and until that time had no idea what this was and what the issues were. As this is quite common with our adopted children, please feel free to ask me questions privately. 


Friday night and all is well with our world. We purchased the movie Frozen and Gaëlle enjoyed her bowl of popcorn and the movie. It's such a clever movie about the love shared between sisters. We absolutely love it and we love the music.

No comments: