Saturday, March 2, 2013

Songs and hair


The youth at The Club love to sing and talk with microphones. Guess who else loves it? Robin hooked some up to an amp my dad bought for the puppets (which is working out GREAT) and she went at it. Sorry the photo is a little dark but she was having a blast. As long as she had an audience.


I am a little discouraged with how Gaelle is handling her hair lately. She has really been playing with it along the front and the edges. It's so hard to ask her to stop when most little girls can twirl their hair and it doesn't do anything. But for her, it causes breakage and creates little knots that are hard to take out.

This week I decided to do something a bit different with her hair routine and it went well. After washing and conditioning the hair, I left some of the amazing deep conditioner in her hair.


Then I detangled the hair while it was still wet and sopping with conditioner and I put her hair in big twists. I let it sit in the twists for about 2 hours while I did other things. Then I rinsed out the conditioner without taking out the twists. While I styled the front of her hair, I left the back in twists. It seemed to make the styling process much smoother. I'll definitely try it again, but I don't always have time to let her sit while the conditioner soaks in her hair. 


No comments: