Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Still no news

Adoption from Haiti is not an easy process.  I have found myself playing a little game trying to inwardly guess when each step will be completed.  I am not very successful.  So far I have been off on every single mark.  Homestudy completed by Christmas.... NOT.  Dossier sent to Haiti by April... NOT.  Referral by July... NOT.  Out of IBESR by April... NOT.  I try not to share my guesses with others, but I have to say that I am disappointed by the slowwwww progress of our file.  

I know that Gaëlle & Peterson are in a great place.  I know that this period of transition is probably very good for them.  But I started the paper chase in July 2006.  It's very probable that they will not be in our home until July of 2009.  Even though I hope they will be home by Christmas 2008.  That's 3 long years of waiting.... for us.  

Last week a local social worker called to see how the process was going.  She had a family interested in Haiti.  So I was sharing our timeline and she was aghast.  What is taking so long?  Hello... your own department, which has all the modern technology available,  has delayed us over and over again, unnecessarily.  And you have the nerve to get all worked up about the long process in Haiti.  Where people carry around files in person.  And food riots are happening.  And I could go on, but what's the point.

Anyway,  it's really hard to let these children in my heart and then just sit back and wait and wait.  I have held back quite a bit with my emotions.  Trying to protect myself, probably.  But it's difficult to think of 2 sweet children who I want to hold, love, and protect... but I can't.  It's out of my hands.  But not God's.  How do people go through this without the belief that there is a higher power who is sovereign and in control.

I just finished the Beth Moore Bible study on Daniel and God spoke to me over and over.  

Daniel 2: 20 - 23

20 "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.

21 He changes times and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.

22 He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.

23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you,
you have made known to us the dream of the king."

Daniel's prayer of praise has become my prayer.  So powerful and so comforting.  

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I so appreciated your thoughts today. This is my first visit to your blog, but we are also adopting two children from Haiti (we are currently in first legalization, so just getting started.) GOD bless you as you continue to rest in Him!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Hello I just found your blog today for the first time too. We're also adopting two children from Haiti. They are 3 and 6 months. I understand the wait (a little since we are new to the game) and DO NOT look forward to the long wait we have in front of us.
We entered IBESR at the end of April. Counting the weeks down until we exit!

I too spend time at home trying to figure out how long we'll be in each stage. One night I even "figured" out the day they'll come home! Ha!!!

Great to find your blog.
:)Jamie
www.dreamingbigdreams.wordpress.com