Thursday, May 29, 2008

He's gone


Well, Josh has left the building.  I can't believe I have a son who has completed his first year of college.  How did that happen?  I feel like I'm 18 myself.  I don't feel old enough to have a 19 year old son.  But I do!

He has gone to the same camp every summer since he was 8, either as a camper or counselor/worker.  This summer was no different.  Even though he will not make the money he could be making at another job and even though he will be working hard (and did I mention the lousy pay), he has still chosen to spend this summer at camp.  I am really proud of him for his choices.  I know that this is a ministry and not just a job to him.  

He spent 2 weeks at home before he headed off.  Let's just say that his days were not filled with activity.  Most of his friends are already working and he had to leave his "stuff" behind at school.  It's hard to justify the expense of flying home a bike, guitar, amp, along with all your clothes.  So... he spent most of his time with me.  Lucky guy.  I have to say that I am so proud of him, but he was getting a little frustrated with his lack of activity.  

Anyway, his days are filled now.  Miss ya, Josh.

No comments: