Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Welcome Gaëlle and Peterson



It's hard to believe this day is finally here, but today we officially accepted a referral for 2 kids. We received the proposal on Thursday and then kept on going for our anniversary get away. What an incredible time. We had uninterrupted time together to really talk and discuss what was on our minds. I'm so thankful for that because this whole thing was so emotional for me.

We sat down in Halifax Public Gardens and looked everything over. The emotions just rolled over me. Unbelievable! We are going to have 2 more kids. And they are so adorable. I mean, really cute!!! But as exciting as this is for us, I just felt such sadness for Gaëlle and Peterson. They don't deserve such loss. Nobody does. But especially not my kids. Wow, I know this is just a referral and they aren't officially our kids, but I am feeling a connection.

No comments: