Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The big 20


So hard to believe but 20 years ago today, I married the love of my life. Where does the time go? How did I get here with 3 kids and 2 more on the way?

I can't say that I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday, so maybe it has been 20 years. I can't remember every step along the way, but I know it has been wonderful. There is nobody I would rather have at my side than Robin. I have the best man for the journey of life.

We started out as friends and we have remained best friends. I love being with him and talking with him and laughing with him. It has been fun. I mean that. I have had a blast being married to Robin.

I know that I will never fully understand all of his quirks and I will never be able to anticipate what will come out of his mouth. I mean, to celebrate the past 2o years, he planned a trip to Cape Breton for the 2 of us. Now, that's not a surprise. He loves to get away with his child bride, that would be me. No, the shocking thing to come out of his mouth was his 2nd career plans. He wants to run a Bed & Breakfast. Keep dreaming Robin. I just love to hear you dream. Here's to 20 more years together.

No comments: