Monday, April 16, 2012

Catching up

I dragged out a few of the older photos that I never put on. This year I tried something different for dye. I never buy it but always use vinegar, water, and food coloring. This year I tried water and Kool-Aid. The color was nice and bright but the eggs smudged easier.
Last year we easily ate all of the eggs that were hard boiled so I didn't hesitate to make more this year. Peter and I enjoyed our egg salad sandwiches.
Gaëlle is one of our cuddlers. She loves to snuggle in and read a book or take a little snooze.
The other day Gaëlle and I had a foot race up the hill. She beat me by a lot. She is fast. So knowing that I run longer distances she was all set to run with me. Yesterday we did it. She thought she could run 5K with me, but I wasn't sure. She started out nice and light but about 1/2K I could tell she was huffing and puffing. But she didn't want to give up. It was too cute to see her determination. We turned around and she easily managed to complete 1K. I think if she ever wanted to be a runner, she could. She has the mental determination and the physical ability. Watch out world.

No comments: