Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A promise



We had a beautiful day with a bit of wind, so we took the kids out to a local park to fly their kite.



Gaelle was a patient kite holder, waiting for the signal to let it go.



Peter's turn at holding the kite before throwing it up in the air.

2 weeks ago Gaelle and I were out running errands and we saw a rainbow. It went from just a faint glimpse to a full arc which was completely vibrant and bright. Beautiful! We talked about God's promise to us and love for us through the rainbow. Then this week we read the story once again of Noah's Ark in her children's Bible. We were having a quiet moment, just the 2 of us, and she spit out the words.

"God...destroy...earth move...Haiti."

I think she was tying the concept of destroy and flood to Haiti when the earth moved. I kept my words simple. God loves Haiti. God loves us. But I didn't address the destruction. Powerful thoughts from a 4 year old.

No comments: