Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The kids are home

When we said goodbye to Emily back in September we didn't think we would see her again until May. So I feel so blessed to have her home for Christmas. I know the day will arrive when my children celebrate the holidays without us. But I'm glad it isn't here yet.



Waiting for our little girl to arrive.



Her flight from Thailand went without a hitch, except her luggage arrived 18 hours after her. But it did arrive.



She has struggled a bit with jet lag but I think she's finally turned the corner and is getting a decent night of sleep. She's having fun catching up with friends and also trying to figure out her plans for next year.

I think she's most happy to be with Kaylin again. Even though there is a 3 year difference in age, I'm so pleased that my girls just delight in being together. So much fun to see.

Josh has also come home, but we haven't seen much of him. He immediately went into band practice mode. And now he has gone on a trip to visit friends. So he's gone and he's taken the car. But we'll see lots of him in January before he goes back to school. So I'm just happy to see him out and about.

No comments: