Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December update



This month the caregivers at GLA all shared words they would use to describe the kids. I've included the list for both kids. I think it really gives insight into their personalities.

Peterson is...SMART, genuine, trustworthy, sensitive, people-pleaser, easy-going, ambitious, encouraging, willing, follower, protector, affectionate.



Gaëlle is... joyful, responsible, affectionate, energetic, carefree, girly, efficient.

I know I sound like a broken record but I did not think we would be here in Nova Scotia for Christmas and Peterson & Gaëlle would be in Haiti. It just never even crossed my mind last Christmas. Robin and I constantly were planning Christmas 2009.

Peterson & Gaëlle would be in the church play. Wouldn't that be cute? And wouldn't you know it, the children's church play was probably one of the best ones I've ever seen.

I would have to make their stockings? The material would be different but the style would be the same.

Gaëlle especially seems to have a sweet tooth. I wonder what she'll think of all of our Christmas goodies.

How will they handle the cold? We'll have to invest in good quality snow suits.

And on and on....

But throughout this entire process, I've determined to not do anything, not buy anything until the kids have our last name. That hasn't happened yet and so I've done nothing. Bought nothing. And Christmas 2009 will come and go and we're still separated.

I'm oh so thankful that GLA will make this time special for them. They've shared pictures of some of the December happenings and it looks like the kids are having a blast.

And Robin and I are not discussing Christmas 2010. No plans at all. We'll just wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what wonderful adjectives to describe your son and daughter!!!!.......merry christmas!!

keri