Tuesday, August 11, 2009

They are growing



This picture cracks me up because they have such a fake smile and pose. Actually it's a bit unusual for them. They usually seem so at home in front of the camera. I still love it.

And we're so thankful that Melanie is back at GLA and feeling better. She was home for a while after contracting Hepatitis A, which I'm sure was a mixed blessing. No fun to be sick, but it must have been great to be loved and cared for by her family.

On another note, I am so thankful for the dedication and commitment by all the orphanage workers and adoption staff who work so hard to move our paperwork through the Haitian system. I honestly don't know how they stay sane. Vera is an adoptive mom who also has a role in Haiti facilitating adoptions. She isn't connected with our orphanage but she is an invaluable source of information. Read this to get a feel for the madness that is the current state of adoptions in Haiti.

No comments: