Friday, March 5, 2010

New routines


Obviously with 2 little kids added to our family, things were going to change in a big way. We can't just leave the house whenever we want. An adult has to always be there for the kids and this is probably the biggest thing people mentioned to us. (But quite honestly.... not the biggest change for us... that would be the lack of sleep!)

"Why would you want to adopt now? You're somewhat independent! Your kids are almost grown up! What a change this is going to be!"

And it is. Just take running. I can't seem to get out of the house for a run more than 2 times a week. I just feel badly walking through the door after work and then heading back out. I'm trying for just 2 times through the week and once on the weekend. So far I haven't hit that but hopefully I will manage and balance things and it will work.

But for now, when it happens, I tell the kids that they can run with me when I get back. So the second I walk through the door after my run, the kids put on their sneakers and a vest (It HAS to be a vest.) and we head up the street hand in hand. They don't make it far but they have big smiles and are full of enthusiasm. And for now, it's just the way things are. And that's ok.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beth, where is the snow? We have more than you do, at this moment. Gaelle looks so nice in her pink vest. Love. Mom