Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We will remember


I've lived in small town Atlantic Canada for the past 22 years. Canadians are not generally known to be demonstrative in their patriotism, however, here in Atlantic Canada the poppies are on full display for weeks before Remembrance Day. And all of the small towns we've lived in have fully supported Remembrance Day Ceremonies. The crowds are large with young and old alike. Today I went with my husband to the Grand Parade in Halifax to show our support for the men and women who have served and who continue to serve Canada. The parade itself was not as large as I expected, however, there were men and women all throughout the crowd in uniform.

So on the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, I'm proud to be living in Atlantic Canada where people still take time to remember.

No comments: